Jeff Bezos (1964 – )
Founder/CEO of Amazon.com
Often we hear a customer walk out the door as they tell us how awesome we are and how much they loved the experience – and then we never hear from them again or see any of their friends. What happened?
The first question is: did you create a WOW experience or just give them what they asked for? Are you creating a satisfied customer or are you developing a raving fan?
Find the answer to the following and then develop a plan to move it forward:
- What is the biggest frustration customers voice about my industry? Can I eliminate or reduce that frustration?
- Is there a “human comfort” that is missing? If I have some, is there an incremental change I can make at a low cost?
- What can I do to make them feel like the most important customer of the day?
- Do I have a procedure to thank them and verify that they are thrilled with the service and that the procedure is going well?
- Did I ask for a referral, social media check-in or encourage them back?
This by no means is an all-inclusive list. But it’s a start.
Be purposeful and fanatical of your customer experience.