Jim Rohn (1930 – 2009)
Entrepreneur and Author
Sarah (my wife) loves Sudoku. Not only does she enjoy it, she’s good at it, too. Saturday, I started a Sudoku. I think I’ve discovered the secret:
Systems and Discipline.
There are three ways to make sure a system is used:
- White-knuckled will. In his book Willpower, Roy Baumeister discusses how willpower is truly like a battery The more you use it, the less you have until you recharge it. The harder the choice to make, the more willpower it demands. Too many decisions in a short time will leave us unable to make good choices.
- Develop an accountability system. Create a way to track completion, effectiveness and success. Develop consequences and rewards for following systems.
- Create a system that eliminates the need for decision making. It is easier to decide to eat healthy food if you have eliminated the option of junk food and begin preparing meals before you are hungry.
So which solution are you depending on?
(Cafe Noir – October 5, 8a-12p)
- Leadership FUN-dementals
- Creating and Selling Your Vision
- Managing Hidden Agendas and Conflict
- The Next Level of Leadership